Friday, October 12, 2012

Sick Week

I don't know why, but for some reason I just had to get really sick this week (hence no posts). Normally, I can just shrug it off and move on. But this time it was different, I was out cold for days. Even at work I kinda seemed like a zombie (with an allergy problem instead). However, now that I've recovered most of my energy, I have blogged to show I'm still alive (and no longer under any "quil" medication or sleeping like a bear).

Three hours? Try a week!

I do feel a bit bad that I couldn't do any posts because I was so sick, especially once I realized today was Friday. So I thought of a story I could tell that related to me being sick (hence the topic of the week), and I just managed to remind myself of one just as I'm writing this (no joke, I just came up with this now).

This is the story (or pseudo story) of my strange habit of getting sick the last day of a geek convention my friends and I went to back in 2007. The convention ran from Friday to Sunday, so we all gathered up money to get a hotel room and make sure to be there for the entire weekend. We didn't want to miss any of the festivities, after all. However, Sunday morning was a bit different for me. I look out the window to see everyone leaving, packing up their gear, and closing shop. Everything on the convention market was on sale, the last activities were closing up, and everyone was going home. And for some reason, it made me sick (literally, I got nausea that morning).

I was also quite dizzy from the nausea.

It's kind of funny to see everyone all sad leaving the convention and you can't join them because you're too busy trying not to vomit on the hallway for some reason. I have no idea how it came about, but I was the only one waking up sick. Everyone else seemed fine. That's what really confused me the most. And yet, I managed to recover after paying a visit to a few restrooms (both from hotels and Burger King while we were picking up breakfast). And once my insides were empty, we all went home and my insides were back to normal.

It's kind of funny that exactly a year later, it happened once again on the last day of that year's convention too. Everyone kind of expected it, for some reason. Guess it made a lasting impression.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe your brain is sending out a subliminal message that you aren't ready for the fun to end?

    ReplyDelete