Friday, August 10, 2012

Wake Up, It's Time For Motivation!

Going out for a few days, so I'm leaving this post ready beforehand.

Everyone's got that one friend who means well, but somehow does things in a strange way. No, I'm not the strange one in this story, but rather my buddy Pickle Jar (let's just stick with PJ). In the past, PJ has come to me and La Barba offering his wisdom when it came to meeting women. It's as if he was some sort of love guru. He just knew.

Pickle Jar was a love guru, and we didn't know how.
Thanks to his advice, I was able to get the guts to ask Linda out. But that's a funny story for another day. This time, the story was a bit different. In the midst of my slumber, I hear my phone starting to ring. I notice it's PJ calling for some reason. And right there, my first thought was "is he stoned again?"

Yeah, I forgot to note PJ has called me stoned before. However, he isn't a stoner. It's a bit strange, but he's not one of those guys who constantly smells like weed or anything. He just does it from time to time. And once he did call me, stoned off his mind, wondering if I could buy a ticket home so I could film a movie idea he had.

To this day, I had no clue what the movie was about nor did I ever hear about it again.

Back to the story. I pick up the phone instantly (very light sleeper) and realize he's not stoned. He's in full control of the conversation, and not just because I'm asleep. This time, he calls me to ask if I had "woken up" and found my path in life. My first thought, "why the *bleep* would you ask me at 4 in the morning if I've decided my life's path?" However, all I could say was...well, I don't remember. I wonder why. Oh yes, I was freaking asleep!

I almost did this before realizing it was a call.
Suddenly, he calls me a few hours later (once the sun has risen and the rooster has played his banjo) wondering if I had indeed "woken up." And so we somehow engaged in a conversation that somehow turned into a motivational speech. And once again, the self-help guru had stuck.

I don't know how he senses it, but he somehow knew I was down. However, why did his senses kick in at 4am? I'm still not sure about that. And no matter what, PJ continues to amaze me. It's like he's an unorthodox wizard with incredible knowledge. He just knows.

1 comment:

  1. PJ must be a very good friend to instinctively know when you are down.

    ReplyDelete