Monday, August 27, 2012

Your Own Advice

For some strange reason, many of my friends have come to me for relationship advice. And it always confused me why they kept coming back to me for it, especially since I was still a novice when it came to relationships. And yet, the advice I always gave them seemed to work much to all of our amazement. So for years, I would give out relationship advice to all those who asked. Everyone felt like somehow, I was a love guru. Well, not quite.

During the fall of 2010, I was trying to recover from a nasty breakup. I had taken the whole burden for myself and didn't know how to get out of it. And that's when Ace noticed my problem. I had given out good advice for years, but ironically was unable to listen to my own advice. It's a bit ironic, really. And yet, he knew just how to get that advice to me.

He stopped me during a conversation and then gave me the same advice I had given him during his last breakup, and in the same exact words no less. I swear, sometimes you don't realize your knuckle headed friends are actually listening to you until they throw your own words right back at you.

This time around, it was Ace's turn to snap me out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment