Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fool's Day: Toonami Edition

Last night was just like any other, me struggling in my bed as I tried to find some sleep. And suddenly, at midnight, I get a message from La Barba.

"Dude, TOM is on TV!"

I didn't know what to make of it, especially since that character hasn't been on TV in ages. For those who don't know TOM is a character from the old Cartoon Network who hosted the Toonami block of japanese animation, as well as other cartoons based off comic books. During the 90's and early 2000's, it was the best time to be watching TV while we were growing up. So when I heard it was back, I was a bit skeptical.

And behold, I turned on my TV and saw that some shows I watched in high school were once again airing that night. I quickly celebrated, but was somehow surrounded with confusion. I started to get skeptical. Especially when earlier in the night, I was almost the victim of someone else's April Fool's prank. So I watched on to see if it was true.

And time passed, giving me more signs of hope. Dragonball nearly gave me a seizure, as I quickly realized why I never watched the show in the dark. The rest of the shows continued my nostalgia trip, but also started to fuel my slumber. And so, eventually my slumber won and I was asleep. And once I woke up, I see a message from La Barba which read: "worst prank ever!"

April Fools wasn't even starting, and already we had fallen to a massive prank. I gotta say, everything for the rest of the day will be assumed it's a prank. I'm even gonna be watching Wrestlemania with expectations of someone coming up and shouting "April Fools" at the end of the show! Gotta love April 1st.

1 comment:

  1. On April 1st when I was ten, I convinced my older brother he was adopted. He should have know better; he was the older one.

    ReplyDelete