Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Healing Power Of Facebook

So these last couple of weeks, I have been noticing a lot of people posting specific things on Facebook. They were continuously posting things about how a "like" on that post will help save a life. Don't get me wrong, raising awareness of certain diseases isn't a bad thing. However, the people who believe by liking a post that it will actually be useful hasn't realized that there's no real money going into it.


 And that's when I find this picture. I actually got a kick from it, because it's a way to slap some reality into everyone. But it got me thinking as well. What if Facebook likes actually did have healing powers? Just think about it for a second.

I would post on Facebook that I'm suffering from severe allergies and that I need "likes" in order to feel better and get to work. And the more people liked my post, the better I would somehow magically feel. That would actually be quite awesome. But then again, it makes me wonder if we will also see pharmacies selling "Facebook likes" as an alternative to whatever medicine you want to buy.

We see random things everyday, but it makes you wonder.

1 comment:

  1. It's like clapping for Tinkerbell to make her well. All this does is give Tinkerbell clap! HA!

    ReplyDelete