Friday, June 22, 2012

Heat Wave? What Heat Wave?

During these last few days, I've heard that the east coast has been getting quite the heat wave. Everywhere I go, people are complaining about the massive heat and sweating profusely. However, there's one thing I've noticed.

I haven't felt a damn thing. And that's curious, because I'm surrounded by sweaty people and here I am hardly breaking a sweat. Heck, I don't think even a drop of sweat appeared on my forehead. And that's when I got to thinking. Could I be immune to this heat wave because I'm from a tropical island? I know I'm used to high levels of heat, but they are also combined with high levels of humidity. So dry heat like this doesn't even come close to the sticky inferno of the tropics during a heat wave.

It's just warm outside. I don't know what you're talking about!

And if you haven't been on a tropical island, let me just be the first to say this, you are going to sweat more than an FBI interrogation (not that I would know). So then, it's no wonder that tropical boy (yours truly) isn't feeling a thing. I mean, I can feel the heat yet it doesn't phase me.

And when it comes to days like these, that's when I try to mess with people and psych them out. I can already handle higher levels of heat, so I can go out in a long sleeve shirt and have them wonder why. And to even add to their confusion, I can wear a light jacket in the middle of the day (if it's breezy of course, I'm trying to psych people out and not faint from dehydration) and just watch their eyes pop out in confusion.

Then again, these heat waves are good reminders to how much heat I can tolerate (as long as we take away the humidity). And so far, I'm not feeling a damn thing. Yes, it's hot outside, but not hot enough to make me sweat. So for now, I'm going to enjoy this nice sunny weather and hear people complain about it being too hot.

And come winter time, it's gonna be the complete opposite. And how could it not be? I'm basically an iguana living in a land of polar bears.

Paint me like one of your french girls.

1 comment:

  1. It seems logical to me that you would be able to handle extreme heat since you come from such a hot place. I don't handle heat too well.

    ReplyDelete