Friday, January 13, 2012

Snowstorm Drive

I don't know if I got some incredible timing or what. I get an interview for a very interesting job, but on the same day as an upcoming snowstorm (or at least very heavy snowfall). However, the drive over to Pittsburgh seemed quite relaxing. No signs of snowstorm at all. It seemed like it was going to be a nice day.

Once the interview was done and it was time to go home, I saw that it had begun to snow a bit. No problem, it didn't seem too serious. I wiped off the snow from the car as best as I could (my hands are still cold from it) and headed home. However, as I started to leave Pittsburgh I started to see something...

The snow was starting to catch up to me! And there was a problem. I was driving on the freeway with snow falling in the car, but I couldn't just use my wipers all the time. So I struggled against blurry bits of snowfall, strong winds, and ice as I headed home. It was the most intense drive of my life, so far.

Something about driving in weather like this somehow forces one to really learn to drive. It's one against the elements. So perhaps it's a good way to improve one's driving skills. And still, I just wanted to get back as soon as possible. Minutes seemed like hours there, as the snow continued to get more intense.

But I managed to make it back early. I can't help but laugh now, as I look back at my driving and realized I looked like Mr. Magoo as I drove under all that snow. My friends already made fun of me for driving like an old man, but this time I think I took the cake. Then again, this time I was really glad to be a careful driver.

What a day it's been. Now it's time to sit back and watch as the snow covers everything around me.

2 comments:

  1. It was snowing like crazy in Toronto as well.. and a lot of single-vehicle crashes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. snow snow snow!!! I wonder how you people live over there ? :/ do visit my blog :) i've joined yours hope you will join mine too :) nice post :)

    ReplyDelete