Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Airplane

Airport blogging time! I don't know what it is about me and airline travel that I tend to over prepare for what seems a simple flight. I would have a 3 hour flight and bring videogames, my kindle, a fully charged iPod with movies, and my computer full of episodes to watch. And what happens once the plane sets off into the sky? I go to sleep, actually find the in-flight movie watchable, or end up not deciding what to do and once I decide, it's too late to begin.

Today was the same. I got one more flight to go (done with the first one) on my way to Jersey, and while I was planning to read a good book on the way, I dozed off and had a nap. Hopefully, it won't happen a second time for the next flight. I wanna get some reading done.

But one thing I find funny about airplanes is the first class curtain. We know you are there, so why use such a crappy curtain to cover it up? At least use a solid curtain and not a fishing net! I'm staring to think that if you mess with the first class curtain, it's going to magically put you back in your seat. Honestly, there has to be a reason for that curtain. Otherwise, just get rid of it. We can see you from coach.

And yet, I find airline connections to be quite annoying. Get on one plane and then get on another in what can be solved as a simple straight flight (no straight flights from Pittsburgh to Newark), but it's never around when it's my turn. But no worries, it's always a good reason to explore.

Something about being in other airports is that it feels like a different world when you enter. Something about it just brings out a level of both curiosity and frustration. Once you find your gate, it's all good. But before that, you feel like Indiana Jones going through a temple. It's both fun and scary at the same time.

I dunno. I'm just rambling on about traveling. I'm a few minutes away from my next flight, and then I get to meet some old friends. Let's hope I don't fall asleep and get some reading done.

No comments:

Post a Comment