Monday, January 16, 2012

The Failed Experiment

Even though it's been about 2 weeks since I moved to PA, I somehow feel like it's been an eternity. How? Well, that can happen when one isn't doing much. However, a week of interviews and a bit more social interaction with people got me to hatch up a plan to try and make new friends here.

And even though I went to a comic book store last week and met people successfully, I somehow tried to get a friend through the strangest way ever...a social website. Big mistake, but I didn't realize it until a bit later. I was scrolling through my iPod in search of social apps when I ran across a specific app that says "meet people in your area." I figured it might be a waste of time, but I also realized there was nothing to lose by doing so either. And so, I created a profile and put up all my info, specifying I'm just looking to make friends.

As the day went by, my page was visited a few times. However, the visitors all disturbed me. Every visitor was either a creepy older dude, or a douche-looking dude looking for something (didn't wanna stick around to find out anyways). Needless to say, all the visitors made me want to quit the site and get out and meet people the way it's supposed to be. So I did what any sane person did. Erase the profile and go outside.

That's the last time I try to use social networking to make new friends. Well, maybe not the last time...

1 comment:

  1. Lol sadly, there's a lot of creepy old men lurking on the internet! XD haha.. Since it's only been 2 weeks, it makes sense you don't know too many people yet!

    ReplyDelete