Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Annoying Brain

The friend-seeking process has been delayed, yet again. I don't know, but not having college anymore as a social factor is making it really hard to make a new friend without being so awkward. There's still the random encounters at malls where people socialize and it's a good place to make new friends. But still, that doesn't seem quite likely in the near future.

And with the recent stress of the job hunt, I have needed a friend more than ever. And while my friends back home have kept me quite busy, I need one to be here in person. Why? It leaves a lot of time for my brain to start plotting evil schemes to keep me awake at night and distract me with fictional problems during the day. It starts weaving a web of thoughts that just keep creating a hypothetical future, and it's very annoying since it keeps asking me things.



My brain has gotten to the point where I'm starting to suck at Mario Kart. I have gotten my ass kicked at so many races because instead of focusing on dodging that banana, it's focusing on how I'm going to make a friend and about my professional life. I think I'm gonna drown it out by watching a new series or something. I just wish my brain would come up with useful things instead of making me paranoid all the time. This is why people always need at least one friend, to keep their brains from driving them insane.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm good point! All the friends I made are either from high school or university! And a few from joining extracurricular clubs. Volunteer? :D

    ReplyDelete