Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Transitions

Today, the feeling of being done with college actually sunk in. I dreamt that I had fallen behind on a biology course in college, and that my final project was somehow missing. Boy, was that a night. Needless to say, I woke up just laughing at it as I realized I was done with college.

There's no final project, I'm done with college!

However, that's when I got smacked in the face by my new reality. I was no longer in college, and now was the time to focus on a career. Even more, it was time to focus on the rest of my life. Now, there's something dangerous about the topic "rest of my life" and having a lot of free time.

You think. A LOT!

I drove myself in a spiral of thoughts down to how I was supposed to deal with the new life and all the stress. I had to slap myself in the face and remind myself that this new life has yet to start. I'm not even working yet and here I am already taking arrows to the knee.

So I did what anybody would do when they think too much. They start watching some TV to distract themselves. Success!

So now, there's just relaxation as I still make the transition between college student and whatever it is I'm becoming now. This is a slow process, but it's worth the wait.

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, your whole life is going to be based on work, so enjoy your break while you get the chance!


    Matthew Lima
    http://positivesnaps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, funny dream! :D Congrats on finishing college! You should enjoy the time off, do what you always wanted to do!! Good luck

    ReplyDelete