Thursday, January 12, 2012

Random Conversations #2: Trying to Sleep

I don't know why, but every time I go to bed when there's something on my mind it's always impossible to try and find a bit of sleep. It's always the same fight back and forth.

Me: Panda Time! (That's how I declare it time for bed, for those of you unfamiliar to it.)
Mind: Not so fast!
Me: What is it now?
Mind: Well, you didn't think of how it went at the job interview? You haven't shared your thoughts today.
Me: I'm trying to not think about it. Why not distract yourself while I'm trying to sleep?
Mind: Fine. I'm going to think about something else.
Me: Thanks.
Mind: Say, I bet you miss your ex. Don't you? I know you do!
Me: Damn it, brain, enough! Go think of something else while I try to sleep. Perhaps, count sheep!
Mind: Ever wonder how your life would be if you didn't move away?
Me: Yeah. Unemployed with a degree...
Mind: But surrounded with friends and you would still have her.
Me: Yeah. But then where would I be living if there's nowhere for me to go? I got no car, no job, nothing to call a home base. That's pretty much pointless. So there, I'm going to sleep now.
Mind: Fine. 
*Moments of silence* 
Mind: Say...
Me: What?
Mind: Did you remember to update your zombie survival strategy?
Me: It's 3am, I think that kind of stuff can wait.
Mind: Then what about your list of places to go if you could travel in time?
Me: Later
Mind: Fine, if you won't listen to me...there's a way for you to listen. I'm going to give you a very vivid dream and tap into your emotions.
Me: No you won't. 
*After a night of sleep, I wake up* 
Me: Damn it. Another one!
Mind: Booyah!

No comments:

Post a Comment