Saturday, March 24, 2012

Silly Screwy Sculpting Sand Structures Saturday

Day 4 of the blogging challenge, and I think I'm starting to go a bit crazy with the titles. I mean, I had a hard time pronouncing it while writing it. Perhaps I should keep my titles a bit simpler in the next three days of the challenge.

Let's see what today's topic can be. Well, with my new job on the horizon, I guess I can discuss that. During my time in college, I saw work differently than I currently do. Before, it was just a source of income that would help me get through college. It was something I had to survive. Working back then felt like I was unleashed to a lion's den and given a shield to survive. I had to make the next 4 to 8 hours ones I could live through. Don't know why it felt that way, but it did. There would be good days, where feeling very productive made the day go fast and feel productive at the end. Those were the best days. It didn't feel like survival at all, but rather a pleasant way of being productive.

You're mine for the next 4 to 8 hours!

And now that college is done, I see work differently. I see it as an experience where anything can happen. But at the same time, it's now a method of livelihood. I can now fully submerse myself into my work, since college is no longer around. Work will be my life. I got no classes until august, and no friends in this area, so it's only natural that I'm seeing work with great expectations. It's like going on a trip by yourself. It makes you feel a bit anxious, but you just wanna get in there and tackle it.

Plus, the chances I get to actually move upward professionally are things I never considered during college. I just wanted to survive back then, but now I want to give my best wherever I go. Something about going months without college or work really makes one value that job even more when it's obtained.

And in just two days, I'm about to find out what that new job is like. Let's just hope it brings good stories.

1 comment:

  1. Have you told us what your new job is? Who you will be working for? This is an exciting time for you. The world is filled with so many opportunities.

    ReplyDelete