Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Slow Start

It's been three months since I left the island, and now is when I'm starting to see something good on the horizon. I'm finally going to start my new job soon, as well as applying for grad school. All I need now are some buddies here in the area. It's been strange only seeing my friends now via skype and no other method. I was so used to the social life, that getting locked in my room again seemed like a step back.

At least I got to catch up on some games I've always wanted to pass again. And better now than later, because work and grad school are gonna be taking up a lot of my time. And if I make a friend here, then even more so. And don't even get me started on the possibility of dating. It gives me a 50/50 chance that my games will go back into the closet with those old Crocs I use to go to the beach.

This makes me think. There are times when we have to test our patience and just give things time. You can't just jump into the Batmobile and expect to fight crime on day one. This is where the slow start kicks in. I guess it makes one appreciate things more if you happen to wait more. I have been job hunting since I moved here, and it's only now where I find a job I can do. I was about to go nuts, like Sunny when he sees his Cocoa Puffs...but less on the level of borderline insanity.

Some of us are able to jump the gun right from the start, and I salute your coffee infused turbo boost attitude, but some of us just take longer to get out there. And there's nothing wrong with that.

1 comment:

  1. Life happens at its own pace, but don't forget that you have blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete