Saturday, March 31, 2012

Blog Challenge: The Advice Column

Taking on my second blog challenge, and this time around it's about what advice I would give fellow bloggers. So I figured I would take a small parenthesis from my regular stuff to probably "serious up"a little. So here's a few things that I follow and could find useful for sharing with others.

1. Not Every Post Is A Winner

In blogging, there will be posts that are better than others. That's only natural. Don't get discouraged if there are times when a particular post doesn't turn out as good as you hope. That's what the next post will be, a chance to improve. There will be good posts and there will be bad posts, but don't get discouraged. Keep doing what you do.

2. Appreciate Your Audience

Whether you have 35, 200, or 3 followers, don't take them for granted. Any audience is better than no audience, so take any audience as a good thing. People are reading your material, so where there's at least one follower, more will come.

3. Have Fun With It

Make sure you're enjoying every time you blog. It adds a bit of quality to your posts when you're enjoying it, rather then when you're doing it just to meet a deadline or something.

4. Accept Constructive Criticism

Happens to all of us. We all get criticized at some moment for something we do. But we can't let that get the best of us. And with constructive criticism should always be noted, no matter what. I had someone tell me I needed to work on my writing style a bit, so I did try to improve a bit upon it. Be ready to accept comments like these at all times, so keep an open mind with that.

I think that's mostly all I got. I will edit this post if I come up with other tips to give, but for now that's it. More posts soon.

1 comment: