Friday, March 16, 2012

Time for Spring

The season I await with the biggest anticipation is coming. Despite coming from a place where it's always summer, there's something about spring that's quite uplifting. Probably it's due to the many months of hibernation that winter brought. Wait, those are bears. It's a bit like hibernation, as everyone tends to just stay indoors. Winter was so dark and quiet, that the warm weather and increased sunlight has somehow lifted my spirits.

Winter bear is sleepy! Bring me a blanket at once!

Well, that and the fact that the bears are now coming out of their caves. Wait, not bears. People. People are coming out from hiding and back into the world. I gotta say, it's good to see people out and about again. There's also something about the additional day time that seems to lift spirits. And my favorite part, the warmer weather. And even though high 60's to mid 70's is still cold for me (island standards, people, island standards) it's a great improvement from freezing weather.

I'm wondering what's gonna happen once it's summer and the temperatures reach above 80. Now, that's gonna feel like home. But it might freak them out to see me in a jacket by then. We will see. For now, I welcome this warmer climate that seems to be lifting spirits.

1 comment:

  1. I live in Oregon, which is a cool rainy place and after thirty years of living here Mrs.Chatterbox and I are starting to dream about sunny skies and turquoise water. Maybe we should move to Puerto Rico.

    ReplyDelete