Friday, March 30, 2012

The Rusty Salesman

Well, my first week of work is done. And I gotta say, so far so good. It's a much calmer place than I had imagined, but it keeps me busy enough to get through the day. And even though it's another retail job, it's been a while since I've had one, so I'm very rusty.

At the end of the day, I'm out.

Most rust of all has got to be my feet. Back in the day, I had a few long shifts during the week and I would come home feeling tired, but not beat. This time around, I'm dragging my ass to bed after an 8 hour shift, mostly because my feet forgot what it's like. Ironically enough, I still got enough energy for the rest of the day, but my feet keep telling me to just let them rest.

Also something I'm quite rusty with is the cash register. I used to control the register like it was nobody's business, this new one is making me feel like a cat chasing a laser dot. It seems like a never ending struggle, and it looks like the register is the one laughing. But enough sales and it's gonna be tamed.



But I will eventually get back into better shape once I practice more. That, and hopefully my body won't feel so sore after getting used to working again. That one made me sound lazy...damn. I got no rebuttal to my own comment, so I'm just gonna leave it for later.

1 comment:

  1. Time cures all ills. I'm sure you'll be up to speed in no time.

    ReplyDelete