Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tired Tuesday

Day 7 of the blogging challenge, and the final one.

Today's topic is just being tired. It seems my body has forgotten what it's like to work while standing. Even during my days when I worked a studio camera, we didn't stand for long. Not that I'm not used to it, it's just that it's been a long time since I've worked at a store. And boy, is the rust showing. I did my 6 hour shift today at the clothing store where I work, and I realized how little my body was prepared. I used to work these shifts like nobody's business, but years of retail rust have turned my legs soft.

I'm just glad my job is enjoyable enough to not notice my legs hurting. But once I get home, they suddenly turn to noodles and I'm just crawling my way to bed. And once I'm in my bed, I either end up falling asleep, or spending hours watching TV before I realize I'm still wearing my work clothes. However, since today I was wide awake after work, I managed to at least shower before preparing to shut down.

So in the spirit of tired tuesday, I'm gonna keep it brief due to my exhaustion of the day. I'm probably gonna lie down and let my feet continue their sweet nap. But don't wake them, they don't like surprises and might kick you in the face.

1 comment:

  1. I worked retail for many years so I can sympathize. If your bed is near a wall it helps to put your feet up against it to make the pain go away.

    ReplyDelete