Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bad Luck

All those people who know me well can tell you that out of all my attributes, one of them has to be unlucky. Somewhere along the way, Murphy's Law decided to be my own personal companion and just strikes me whenever it sees fit. And it doesn't matter how, but my string of bad luck continues.

So far, my latest string of bad luck has been in the social world. Trying from all angles but failing to make friends in my area (gave up after 6 months) and not finding a single one. Now, my bad luck branches out to something a bit more trivial, but it's something that still hurts. I wanted to make a trip back home (which I can currently afford) to watch a big soccer game, but the tickets are way more expensive than I thought. Bad luck would have it that they barely had any cheap seats and everything else is nearly from $200 and above. Why is this bad luck for me? Well, I wanted to take someone to the game with me.

And that person seems to be the only other person as unlucky as I am, or just really clumsy. While we did separate last year, Linda and I still keep in touch quite often. And while I wish she were here, it can't happen. And with my trip, I wanted to take her to the game but now it's too expensive. Now I won't be able to. Looks like there can't be too much bad luck concentrated into one place.

And then again, we also developed a theory as to why we have so much bad luck. One of the theories I told her was that in either some alternate universe or alternate future, we have a son with our combined levels of bad luck. And that boy was known across the world as Bad Luck Brian.

That's my boy! Well...could be
With parents this unlucky, it might make some sense. I told Linda this theory and she seems to be on board with that explanation that Brian is our son from an alternate future. His father is constantly taunted by Murphy's Law, while his mother is also shares some of that bad luck and clumsiness. Mix that together and you get the unluckiest character in all the internet.

Then again, perhaps recognizing this theory has brought more bad luck between us and caused Brian's own existence to be prevented. This is why we can't have nice things.

I like nice things.

1 comment:

  1. If it's bad luck preventing you from having a son like the dork in this picture, maybe you should consider yourself blessed instead of cursed. As for the rest, be careful of self-fulfilling prophecies. You seem to be falling into a negative mind set. I've noticed that when people do this, bad things tend to happen. Project a positive, luckier attitude and if you do it long enough you will come to believe it, and your luck will change. I can tell you from firsthand experience that this worked for me.

    ReplyDelete