Monday, April 23, 2012

Facepalm Moments #2

As my quest to make some new friends continued, I decided to head out to the neighboring store today and say hi to everyone there before I went home. As I entered, I noticed they were going through some scenes from X-Men on one of their screens.

Me: I like the scene where they go recruit everyone, and suddenly Wolverine just tells them to "f*ck off."
Worker 1: Yeah
Worker 2: Who is Wolverine?
Me: Come on! Everyone knows Wolverine!
Worker 2: Well, I'm a girl. You can't expect me to know this.
Me: I know a lot of girls who know way more about the X-Men than me, so that's not a good excuse. Try again.
Worker 1: (laughs)
Me: I should go.

I left the store, mostly just to hide my face upon the uninformed worker as to Wolverine's identity. I give her a pass, but I don't think we could be buddies upon this discovery. Oh well, and here I thought that all the people working at audio equipment stores would be geeks (but they are still cool people). Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'd get very far with a crowd that bases popularity on what I know about wolverine. I'm proud to say, not much.

    ReplyDelete