Sunday, April 15, 2012

Facepalm Moments #1

Ever have those moments where you hear or see something that just makes you want to cover your face in embarrassment from what just transpired? Ever find yourself trying to, but can't due to the situation? Well, it's about time that I start writing some of them down.

First facepalm moment comes courtesy of a confused customer at my new job.

Customer: Excuse me, is this a store for homies?
Me: What do you mean?
Customer: You know, (changed his tone to a more subtle one) homies.
Me: This is just a big and tall store, you know, for everyone.
Customer: Oh. Alright.


2 comments:

  1. Did a customer really ask you that? By the way, let me show my ignorance by asking for the definition of a "homie."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A customer indeed did ask this. And when he referred to "homie" he was talking about black males. It kinda threw me off guard, because I got black friends and none of them are "homies." I dunno, it just seemed a bit strange all together.

      Delete