Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Welcome To Gotham City!

Ever since I moved to the Pittsburgh area (about 30 minutes away from the city), I knew things were going to be interesting. However, it wasn't until a friend reminded me that Pittsburgh was one of the cities they used to inspire Gotham that I realized how awesome it might be. And once I saw the latest Batman movie, I had realized that I definitely live near Gotham.



I began to spot different places I recognized as the movie went on, slowly anticipating other known places. And then it really hit. For a brief moment, the university I had selected to do my Master's Degree appeared for a brief moment (even though it was covered up by explosions and such). So many places I had previously been at, suddenly all getting blown up or wrecked.

This is actually the first time since Pirates of the Caribbean where I can tell they are in our backyard.

However, if I ever did live in New York, I would freak out from time to time given the constant destruction it faces in works of fiction. Then again, I would get to film Spider-Man doing his thing. Not so bad, I guess.

But for now, I guess I'm going to see how my experiences in Gotham City go about. I keep wondering if one day I will be sitting in class, only to look out the window and find Batman looking down on the city.

1 comment:

  1. Trust me, you aren't going to see Batman while looking out the window. I'm quite sure of it.

    ReplyDelete