Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fish Guts

Out of all the crazy stories I've told over the years, I still can't believe I haven't told the one where Ace almost got stabbed in college. That's right, stabbed. Well, you're probably wondering what could have caused this crazy scenario. I did too because as usual, I'm always missing those things when they happened. Given, I was only a few minutes away while it was happening.

So what did happen, you ask? Easy. Those who have read some of my previous stories before know that Ace can be quite the charmer with the ladies (even when it's not his intention). So you probably are already starting to connect the dots. A regular casanova being the victim of an almost-stabbing incident? Yes!

A few months before the event, a particular girl in college had a falling out with Ace for reasons unknown to me. All I know is that they apparently went out a few times but it went nowhere. Now, add to the equation said girl's new angry boyfriend and an issue where that same girl was getting harassed by a former lover, and you have the perfect recipe for disaster.

Angry boyfriend quickly learned of Ace's existence and went down to hunt him down in the middle of the day, sorta like a bad bounty hunter. Meanwhile, Ace was just minding his business playing cards. And that's when the whole thing exploded. Suddenly, the bounty hunter entered our hangout spot and quickly called Ace out. After finding him, he grabbed him by the shirt collar and started the threaten him. The main threat, of course, was that he would gut him like a fish.

He was one angry dude!

I don't know if he had a knife on him or not, but I was told everyone was just paralyzed with shock. So for one, Ace was down sh*t's creek without a paddle. And that's when the bounty hunter's girlfriend showed up.

"I got the guy who's making your life hell!" he told her.

"Umm..." she said with some difficulty. "That's not him."

"What?"

"You got the wrong guy. Ace didn't do anything."

He let Ace go and gave him a pat on the back as he introduced himself. "Hey man," he said. "Sorry for the whole mess. But still, I would have gutted you like a fish if you were the right guy." And with that, they both left.

About a minute or two later, I arrive to find the whole place a bit odd. I look at Ace and he's got those eyes that tell "sh*t just went down." Once again, I had realized I had missed another story worthy event where I could have done something.

I blame Math 102 for it.

1 comment:

  1. You could have gotten there earlier and been stabbed yourself. You were lucky.

    ReplyDelete