Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fruity Bully Blues

All through high school, there were times where I just thought I had it bad. However, nothing was as bad as when I had the worst bully of them all, Victor. Victor was one of those bullies who were loved by the ladies. Most people would think a bully typically looks like a brute that doesn’t know the difference between a square root and a check mark on a paper. One would think a bully is a huge, muscular thug who probably can’t write the word “dumb ass” because he would write it “Dumas.” This bully, however, was actually sort of smart (he was either smart, or he picked the brains of the smart girls around him) and actually didn’t seem like the bully kind.

Ironically, he seemed to follow the scholarly laws of hierarchy and the food chain all too well. Why, you ask? Lets just say he put it upon himself to make himself the strongest link and try to get rid of the weakest link of the class. You know where this is going, right? That’s right, I was the lowest on the food chain at the moment, so I was the new victim.

Personally, I still say he’s an ass for doing that. Years later, I found out why he picked on me. He claimed that I had it coming because of who I was and that I deserved it. Lets see, hmm… a geeky high school kid who stayed with his friends playing cards, who never caused trouble, who was being nice with everyone…yes, that seems like a good reason to pick on someone. Anyways, on with the story.

Those days in high school were indeed fun, most of the times. The other days were those days when Vic and his cronies would just pick on me. I will make a slight pause to indicate that Tito, you had my back during those hard times, and you know I will always be grateful for those times you helped me.

They would pull the sickest jokes on me often. Now, since my friends were always saving me, they claimed my weakness was due to the fact I used my friends as shields. Now, that is completely wrong. Tito fought back to those Asses for one reason. He loves to fight. He has the spirit of a fighting drunken Irishman, something even Braveheart himself didn’t possess.

Now, these guys pulled some bad pranks on me. And to say that their weakest was throwing a basketball at my face during a card game, you can begin to imagine what they were up to. I get the feeling this is losing the aspect of being a story and has just become mindless ranting, don’t you? Hey, this could be the only way to tell this story (stop judging my writing, its better than having me tell you personally. Right? Good) and it really has too big of a timeline in order to be put into simple words. But fear not, my somewhat faithful reader, there are some moments here that are worth reading. You might find some good prank ideas.

One of their pranks really had me confused to this day. Let me explain. It took place in a crowded room, and nobody did anything to stop it. Allow me to explain. It was an early morning, just before our first class. I believe it was before Sociology. I had just taken a trip to the bathroom before class, but I was unaware of all the mess that was going to occur. This was by far, the only prank I will remember until I am able to get them back. And I did, trust me.

When I came back to the bathroom, I had seen my backpack has been vandalized (yet again I might add) and that there was some rubber band wrapped around it. You know where this is going, right? That wasn’t a rubber band. They had wrapped a condom around my backpack, which I might add was impossible to get out. I had to run back to the bathroom to clean my hands, because it was just awful to remove. I don’t remember if there were people laughing, I just had to get the damn thing off before the professors came in.

Coming back, I had realized that wrapping my backpack in a rubbery mess wasn’t the only thing they did. They had somehow managed to stash adult movies into my backpack, and this was already during class. Thankfully, I sat next to the garbage and was able to throw it away before anyone got to see what they put. Would you imagine how much trouble I would have been in if they would have caught me with someone else’s stuff? To this day, I don’t know which jerk put it in my backpack, but I can pretty much guess who might have done it.

It was strange though, the prank took place in a crowded room and yet, nobody warned me about it. It was strange. To this day, it baffles me so much; I can actually have an easier time identifying colors being colorblind.

However, there is one moment when Victor tortured me that nobody will ever forget. It was the moment I fought back, which some people today say was quite awesome. And it was. It was during a physics class in my senior year. It was just a normal class like any other. Andres was sleeping in class, while professor Franklin kept telling him to be quiet (he yelled to the wrong side of the room too). Ana was either taking notes or probably taking my Gameboy and quietly playing in class. As for me, I was trying to understand just what the heck Franklin was saying. “Listen,” he blabbed on, “you gobba pay tention or yooooo get automatic F!”

They thought it was funny to wrap Ana’s jacket around my face and then my jacket on the other side (told you these guys were messed up in the head). Now, if that wasn’t enough for them, they began bouncing volleyball and a water bottle on my head. I tried to be patient, but of course…we all know what happens. I managed to remove both jackets and able to catch my breath again. Sure, some of my friends were already fighting, but they didn’t stop. So I did what anybody else would do. It’s morphing time, time for eye of the tiger. I was going to crouch and reveal hidden dragon. I had fury.

I yelled back at them with a force I had never witnessed before. It felt as if I was yelling “Sparta!!!!” to motivate my army (can’t believe I just made a movie reference and I haven’t seen it yet. Don’t worry Andres; it’s on my to-do list. Honestly). To be honest, I really don’t know where I got that courage.

The entire class was in silence. I believe even professor Franklin stood there in disbelief. Victor was just staring back, so was his accomplice, Eduardo. Eduardo just yelled back at me, sort of mocking what I just did. Victor, however, did absolutely nothing. I knew I had won. It was quite a glorious moment, but without the Rocky Balboa theme.

To this day, some old friends still call that the greatest moment ever. It was indeed one of my greatest moments. It really was crouching tiger hidden dragon, only not like the movie. You get the picture.

However, during my second college year, I learned a surprising fact about Victor that had my friends wondering what really was his reason for picking on me. We had learned that Victor went both ways, he wanted both guys and girls. It got me upset because to this day, my friends say he picked on me because of my butt. I don’t know if he wanted to kick it or something else, but I honestly hope it was the first choice. Kick my ass any day.

And yes, the story doesn’t end there; because like all movies, the villain is always never to be seen again. Although, with sequels and all that today, who really knows? This story does have a happy ending (at least in my perspective) which people can look back at. And to this day they always ask me the same thing, “weren’t you happy when that happened?”

You don’t know how happy I was.

So what happened, you ask? Simple. He got thrown out of the school. Not because he picked on me, but because he simply wrote a complaint about the school principal and threw it in the garbage. Sounds like a stupid reason to throw someone out, right? To be honest, it is quite a stupid reason to be thrown out of school just weeks before graduation. But since all of that happened to Victor, I couldn’t be any happier. Hey, he had it coming.

So while almost all the girls in the entire school cried due to his departure, and my angry classmates prepared the biggest of riots, I was trying to contain all my excitement. I was so happy I almost cried.

But hey, I learned a few important lessons during that event. Number one: make sure you know your bully’s sexual preference; it may tell you why he picks on you. Number two: fight back when you see an opening. And three: fruity bullies make for some odd stories and even weirder memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment