Saturday, December 11, 2010

X-mas Cliches

Thought of what to write as I updated this new blog, so I decided to personally just add a section where I post my random observations and/or things that happen.

It's finals week already, which means insanity is the law. But not just that, it's also the "Holiday" Season. That just keeps adding to one's insanity.

I was able to take an escape from my college life today and spend some time at the mall with friends, where I found myself amused at the usual X-mas cliches in full force. I saw tons of little kids crying to go see Santa as usual. Now, I can understand kids trying to go see Santa. But I have often wondered what random things kids ask Santa like...

Why did you bring me a pink bike? I'm a boy!

This phone is already 2 weeks obsolete when you brought it!

Rudolph left me a present in my room and I had to clean it up!

How could you get into my house since we live in an apartment.

Are you a wizard/ninja?

Don't those cookies give you diabetes?

And then some...

Also from the classic X-mas cliches I have seen the stores filled with people going mad over a sale. I just like to stand outside the store and watch people go, like in a zoo but instead of animals, they are just wearing clothes and not throwing feces at each other (unless you count a desperate move on Black Friday to get that excellent sale at Pottery Barn). It's strange to see how crazy people can turn when it comes to X-mas shopping.

And then there's the parking situation. Holy crap, it's a journey to just find a spot. And if two cars find a same empty spot, put on your helmet and get ready to joust...because it's on! Finding parking is like an intense game online: it's full of cursing, people bashing one another, you ignore other aspects of life, get damaged from time to time, and get the occasional medal for outstanding conquering of someone else's spot. Fighting over parking in this season feels like everyone was suddenly given a ring and they must all take it to Mordor to destroy it, only Mordor is a giant mall where Santa takes your crying kids and stores turn into a battle for supremacy.

My 2 cents on that...for the lulz of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment