Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Do Not Feed The Players

For those who know me, I'm quite the yugioh player. So it's not uncommon for me to show up from time to time with my friends and have a few casual games at the mall nearby. Why the mall? Well, there's a store there where we can enjoy our hobby.

But there's also something funny I have been noticing...

The eyes...oh those annoying eyes!

There's a passageway nearing the exit where we play, so it has plenty of people crossing by. And those people somehow look at us as if they had never seen people play cards. They kinda look at us as if we were in a zoo, since there is somewhat of a physical separation and elevation between us. Actually, it kinda makes it look like we are on display when you cross through that passageway.

Every day, the eyes keep looking at us. And here's the thing...I would understand if the eyes kept looking at us if we were the stereotypical nerd that freaked people out and yelled "excelsior!" at the top of our lungs, but the thing is, we are quite normal people. Yet, people look at us like some kind of animal.

Heck, most of us in there (because there's always the exception to the rule, that one strange dude that makes us all look like weirdos) are actually quite normal. Some of us even date normal people, I know I am. So what to do, what to do?

So here's my solution. I want to make a sign that says, "please do not feed the duelists" since we are already becoming something to stare at. People with a sense of humor will quickly dismiss it and enjoy a good pun, while the 95% of others won't know what it means and just look at us as if we are monkeys scratching our butts.

But hey, I guess that comes with the territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment