Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Pepper Conundrum

So summer is almost over for me. And as usual, everyone normally makes plans they wanna fulfill during said time. Among those plans, I have yet to get any of my other movies going or get my picture with Donald Duck. Pretty good for a long list that included travel to 2 different states, college issues, and other plans. At least...I thought it was so.

During my travels to the state of Texas, I was acquainted to Dr.Pepper and all it's delicious glory. So going back to Puerto Rico meant no longer having that soda, or so I thought. I quickly found some for sale at the mall near home and couldn't be more overjoyed. But it all changed the week I was out in Florida reliving my childhood with Mickey and pals.

After having my fill with Vanilla Coke, Dr.Pepper, Disney Parks, and pre-flight nausea, I was confident my new favorite drink would be waiting for me at home. That is, until I got back...

After going back to the mall with some friends, I was disappointed to see my drink was no longer available. Heck, it wasn't even mentioned in the inventory anymore. So after dealing with a tough truth that my drink was no more (and then finding out I was filmed during the entire process), I quickly tried to go to Plan B.

Plan B took me to the biggest tourist spot on the island, it's very capital. So one would think that a place with so many tourists is bound to have it, right? Wrong! All that search and nothing. All hope was lost.

And then, my girlfriend texted me saying she has found it. I swear, she needs Indiana Jones' hat for finding my treasure when I couldn't. Ironically, she found it at a gas station named "Gas." I kid you not.

And then I slowly find out other stations a little further have in great supply.

My oasis has been found, at the most unlikely of places! But you know what? That will do, especially if I can gulp down my new favorite drink again.

No comments:

Post a Comment