Sunday, November 6, 2011

Darwin's Theory Goes to the Club

Most people have already heard of Darwin's Theory of Evolution, right? Well, it's basically a statement about how the strongest survive and the weak perish. Those who are strong, adapt to all changes and therefore, evolve. Now then, what happens when we apply this theory to a dance club?

In order to answer that, we gotta go back to the summer of 2010.

We had organized a group to go to a local club, something I never do since I don't party. But it was a gathering with friends, so I knew it would be alright. That, and I had Amy with me, my girlfriend at the time, going with me so I knew it wasn't going to be dull.

I met up with Ace and the guys to joke around for most of the night, mixing it up between dancing with Amy and sharing some cake with the rest. However, at one moment of the night, things got curious. I noticed that Ace was walking around desperately, looking at his phone constantly as if he were waiting for something.

"What's up?" I ask him.

"Just waiting."

"For what?"

"THEM...Johnny said they were coming!"

So I quickly went to find Johnny, who was dancing with some ladies already. I asked him what Ace was waiting for, and he quickly let out a quick laugh.

"That's easy," he laughed. "He's waiting for the lesbians to arrive."

Suddenly, it all made sense. But at the same time, I smelled the competition brewing between Ace and Johnny. As they waited for the ladies to arrive, they started preparing for their dual conquest. All the while, I took Amy to dance.

Later that night, the ladies arrived and in an instant, the race was on. They quickly went towards Johnny, disregarding Ace completely. We started gathering up the other friends in a group and started to watch the theory of evolution unfold in front of us. We kinda turned into those sports commentators on ESPN, because we had the complete play-by-play of everything Ace did to catch up with Johnny.

The ladies surrounded Johnny and gave him some PG-13 style loving in front of us, leaving all of us with mouths open wide in what we witnessed. However, there was also Ace, trying to get in on the action. Trying from every angle, he failed to even get near any of the ladies. They simply brushed him off, while never letting go of Johnny.

At the end of the night, we ended up leaving. Ace was our ride home, but his conquest for lesbians took away our ride home. All the while, Johnny was having one crazy night in that dance floor.

On the way back, it made me think of Darwin's theory. Poor Ace, got left behind. It seems Johnny got the better of evolution that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment