Sunday, November 27, 2011

Last Minute Projects

Well, thanksgiving weekend is done. Now it's time to go back to our daily lives and return to college. But wait, something's wrong.

That final report you had to turn in tomorrow. Did you even start it?

No?

Alright! Last minute work it is!

But something very peculiar happens during these desperate times. Murphy's Law sticks it's ugly head just when the project is going underway.

So your printer gets a jam, it runs out of ink, or runs out of paper. The lights go out in your home. You're needed desperately for errands. The dog literally eats your homework (story for another day), or destroys your USB drive. Any of these can be a factor.

For me, this was a day where it all went a bit odd.

Start my morning to do a final project due the next day (like a boss, I may add). Almost finish, go out to deal with other assignment until nightfall. Get invited to Twilight and rightfully decline, but it's already over 9pm. I got in the car and drove, but it was way too dark. I missed my exit and ended up on the freeway going the opposite way. Eventually I made it back and found my way home, only to arrive and finish my assignment last minute.

Moral of the story is, if you're going to leave it for the last minute, at least make sure to do it in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment