Monday, July 30, 2012

Experience

Now that I'm back in the job hunt, I've once again seen a common denominator when it comes to seeking employment. "3-5 years experience required" is the one key thing I keep seeing. However, this brings me to a confusing crossroad...

How can we get 3-5 years of experience for that job if we can't find one that is willing to give us the experience? Do they have those first 3 years of experience available on CD-Rom at your local Office Depot? Maybe that's why people aren't getting those jobs, it's all the CD-Rom's fault for not being easily marketable. Then again, I doubt we can just get those years of experience by simply buying a product.

It's one of those cases where I just keep scratching my head as I scavenge for local jobs. And why do all the entry level jobs come from marketing firms? I guess that's just part of the curiosities of the job hunt. Entry level jobs are all personal sales, while the jobs you want require experience but don't wanna fork over those first 3-5 years.

Perhaps they should have universities give classes simply titled "Experience" and have it go from Experience 101 to Experience 301 to make sure we do get that minimum of 3 years experience. Experience in what, you ask? I don't know, but it shows here I took three years worth of experience in college!

Now where's my interview?

2 comments:

  1. Experience is a tricky thing. I'm mostly retired now, except for this blog, but as I think back on it I don't think I ever landed a job I had experience in or was qualified to do. Bosses make up these rules about experience but they toss them out the window when they find someone they believe can do the job. It's our challenge to convince them that we're the right person. But I don't believe you've explained what happened at the Big & Tall shop. I thought things were going well there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah now a days it has become quite difficult to find jobs.Everyone over there wants experience so there is hardly some place left for the freshers!
    That is very rude!

    ReplyDelete