Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chips and Heartbreak

Sometime during 2009 (or late 2008, I can't recall), an event happened that set the foundation for an epic "bromance" with Ace. The night this happened, we were just getting to be good friends. However, it was all about to change. That night he called me, really sad, stating that he had to come over to my house for something. Keeping in mind that it was late at night, I had begun to worry it was an emergency.

But then again, it was Ace. It could be anything.

He came up to my house really depressed. As it turns out, he had just gone through a break up. And so, I stepped it up and just started talking. Before this night, I had known Ace as a smooth talking ladies man with the skills to woo anybody. However, it was during this night that I discovered the true Ace. We had much more in common than expected. Not only that, but his persona had made him quite misunderstood (but he's still messed up in the head).

For the first time in ages, I had found someone who could relate with me on so many levels. We stayed talking for hours, watching as he slowly cheered up due to our naturally geeky conversations. However, there was one matter that still annoyed me.

"Next time you get your heart broken, you better bring some snacks or something. This recovery process is making me hungry!" I told him jokingly.

However, it wasn't until the next year that I once again had the same call late at night. That time, he wouldn't say why, but I could tell. Once he stepped out of his car, he tossed me a bag of chips and we sat down to talk.



So to this day, every time Ace came over with a bag of chips, I knew what had just happened. Heartbreak never tasted so crunchy, but perhaps he should have brought dip (you know, for recovery's sake).

No comments:

Post a Comment