Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Times Have Changed

One of the most curious things about this year has somehow been the huge turn in my life. Just 9 months ago, I was living a completely different life. Yet, I knew it was all going to change once I finished college. Somehow, it feels like I'm a completely different person since then. It's amazing how much one can change in 9 months.

Change doesn't bring all the perks of regeneration, but oh well...

And I didn't see all that change until a few days ago, when it all truly hit me. First off, I noticed all the changes around me during my first trip back home for graduation. People were different somehow, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. And it wasn't until my second trip back home (just 2 short months after) that I truly noticed. Somehow, it's as if the world around me changed. And why wouldn't it? I moved away, and those around me have moved on. You wouldn't stick around once a party ends, right? No. People go elsewhere, probably to cure their hangover from the party.

But then a few days ago, it really sunk with me how much I've changed. I went back to Jersey to visit some old friends, and to see two of them before they left for England. It wasn't until I was there that I saw how much I have changed. First thing in my mind was, "holy crap, I was a real super nerd back in the day!"

This was pretty much us back in the day.

Now, this isn't a bad thing. However, it just shows how much a person can change. A few years back, I was still one of the nerdiest guys around (and a big dork), kind of shy and mostly clueless. And now I think I'm almost the opposite in a way. I'm somehow feeling less nerdy (can that be possible?) than before, but at least I managed to lose the shy guy thing. Yet, I'm still relatively clueless in many things, but I'm not as lost as before. It feels a bit strange to sort of come full circle.

Just a few months ago, I was so different. All these months of adapting to a new lifestyle has ironically made me a little skeptical, overly cautious, and very analytical now. Still don't know what the final result will be like, but it's pretty much the same old blend with a few different flavors.

I'm starting to feel like Pepsi, going through so many different versions (yes, even Crystal Pepsi at one point) to a point where it feels never ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment