Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Psycho, The Cake, And The Conclusion

So where was I? Oh yes, Ace and Cake had an enraged ex out to get them. That sounds about right. Not just that, but my paranoia was still going nuts. However, the weeks would pass and not a single incident would be reported. It probably remained calm for about a month, but as usual, it couldn't stay peaceful for much longer.

One day, upon returning from one of my classes, I find Ace walking around in frustration. As it turns out, the furious ex showed up at the university to confront them and nobody backed him up. But before I could get a glimpse of where he was, he had vanished.

I always miss the interesting parts when I'm in class, but when I'm free barely anything happens.

A few nights later, the enraged ex would strike again. And what a way to do so, especially since Ace woke me up in the middle of the night for it.

"Dude," he said. "Guess what?"

"It's the middle of the night, what can I possibly guess?"

"I'm surrounded by cops! Turns out, the crazy ex came following me as soon as we finished in court!"

This is how I imagined it as he narrated the events to me.

"So let me get this right. You call me late at night to tell me there's a crazy guy out to get you and you got cops all over the place? What kind of crazy person does that?"

"I know, right? He's going nuts."

"Not him, you idiot. You. You wake me up and then tell me all this stuff? I'm already freaking out over here!"

"Don't worry, I'm good."

Those weeks that followed were a roller coaster. I refused to leave Ace alone because he always seemed to get in trouble when I wasn't around. Not only that, Cake and Ace had begun to grow apart at this point. The whole thing was like some sort of mad circus. Enraged psychopaths, a couple who suddenly won't stop bickering, and the paranoid best friend who needed to keep his buddy from getting stabbed at the lunch table.

However, things would soon come back to normal. The psychopath would eventually stop chasing Ace (perhaps the cops finally got him?), so my relaxation levels were back to normal. However, Ace would soon show up at my house with a bag of chips. I knew it was that time again. A relationship was over.

Turns out, Cake just wanted to party like a rockstar while Ace just wanted to take things easy. So of course, the gentleman got dumped by the stripper. That's right. He got dumped for just being a nice guy and actually having values.

Now that the roller coaster was over, we can look back at it and think about all the things that went wrong there. Such a shame too, Cake was the only one of Ace's exes that actually liked me. All the other ones seemed to hate me for some reason.

And we could get back to our usual conversations.

1 comment: