Monday, September 24, 2012

Let There Be Cake

Ace and I were always up for random challenges we both issued, but during the fall of 2009, a challenge was issued that would change his life. One day, I had noticed Ace had gotten distracted during one of our morning breakfast runs. I had noticed that a girl on the other side of the cafeteria had caught his eye (when will it ever be literal?), prompting me to try and stop him from doing anything.

"No way," I said, "how do you know she isn't taken?"

"And what if she isn't?"

"Damnit, Ace! Let's not go there again!"

"I bet I can get a date from her today."

"There's just no way."

"Watch me."

And with that, we went our separate ways. I continued on with some delicious oatmeal, while he tried to get acquainted with the mystery woman. I went through the rest of the day assuming he had blown it at some point, perhaps because he found out she was taken or something. But then I got a text from him at around lunch time.

"Got cake!"

I quickly looked into the distance and saw both of them getting pretty chatty. He had done it, despite all my doubts. Ace had gotten the date. However, we had no idea what would soon follow as consequence. It was about to get crazy. 

1 comment:

  1. Good cliffhanger. Just how is this about to get crazy? Say, I haven't heard from you at Chubby Chatterbox lately. I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete