Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolutions: Amy's Story

I got one more resolution story left, especially since I mentioned this month was going to be dedicated to it. Any who, this resolution is the most complicated, since it has a great backstory. Now then...where to start...oh yes, the task I had to fix.

What I had to fix was my relationship with Amy, one of my exes. Thing is, there were some bad rumors spreading and I knew she suspected me of foul play. So I had to set the record straight. But before that, the backstory...

Amy and I first met back in the spring of 2011 in a production class. We were paired up together for an assignment (I was kinda hoping it), but my first impression was a bit odd, especially since I thought she was a bossy bitch. However, spending some time together, we developed some chemistry and were then set up to go on a date disguised as an assignment.

Needless to say, sparks flew.

And then one day, the unimaginable happened. She had a slip of the tongue in a group conversation and said the following, "he isn't going out with any date, because I'm his girlfriend."

She said what?
Even though my reaction was somehow similar to this surprised cat, I was speechless upon what I had heard. So after that, we started dating. However, it was my first real relationship, so it was a bit rocky at times. But despite that, we found ways to make it work.

However, the relationship ended (how it ended is perhaps a story for another day) and I was just shattered. We kept fighting like trolls on a message board, and it resulted in us just splitting even more. However, the next semester came and there were horrible rumors...

I knew I had to confront her, especially since it wasn't my doing. I had nothing to gain. And we had a good talk, kinda renewing a friendship. Felt pretty good, to be honest. And somehow, we once again became closer (not too close, since I was dating someone else). And now, we are very good friends.

Moral of the story, don't let bad rumors ruin relationships, no matter how shattered they may be. Besides, words are powerful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment