Saturday, December 10, 2011

Resolutions: Running Then, Running Now

Well, how can I even begin this one? This was the first of the "finishing all unfinished business" resolution and it's a bit of a doozy. Any who...

It was February of this year, more or less near valentines day, ironically. The irony was due to the first person I talked to concerning this resolution was my first girlfriend. Long story short, we didn't last long because she was way too much into me, to the point where it felt just wrong. So I did what any sane individual does when there's a problem in a relationship. Run.

Things didn't end well, to say the least. And it kept eating me alive for 2 years, mostly because I felt guilty. So on the 13th, I spoke to her and gave my apologies. There was only one problem with the whole act of kindness...


She took opportunity of my redeeming and conscience clearing act as a way to try and get something she didn't have. And that one thing was me! Boy, was that a headache. I was once again stuck trying to explain I didn't want anything with her, but she kept trying to get me. Even after 2 years apart, she wanted me as badly as day one.

I couldn't do that, because I have what some people know as self-respect. Google it, I can wait a few minutes. Back? Alright. Where were we? Oh yes, the giant dragon in the car.

Eventually, I ended up doing the same thing I did 2 years back. I ran away once again, hiding for dear life since I was basically being hunted. Thankfully, that was the only case within my own resolutions that didn't go so smoothly.

But I still had a few things on my list that needed to be taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment