Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ace The Vampire

When it comes to Ace, it's sometimes hard to have him as a wingman. Then again, it's always been a burden of mine when it comes to wingmen, so I'm not surprised it happened with him too. My wingman goes with me to help me out, but ends up with 200% more attention than I do. And by accident, no less.

During my early years of college, it was with my best bud from high school. Girls always went from him and forgot I was even there. But with Ace, it's gotten more dangerous. Why? He looks like f*cking Edward from Twilight. No joke.

Quick, hide me from the stalkers!

You know how hard it is to just go out and have all the girls come at you and know it's because you're hanging out with Mr. Cullen? After a while, it starts to get annoying. And yet, it was also hilarious at the same time.

The first time I started to notice his Edward complex was during one of the Twilight premieres. And no, I didn't go to the movie, thankfully. I know this story thanks to Amy, who went to see it with my other friends while we were dating (perhaps I should have taken a bullet for the team). During the line to enter the theatre, a Twilight fangirl noticed Ace and practically went batsh*t crazy for him. She yelled at ear-destroying levels with excitement to see Edward in line and did anything she could to take him home. So for the whole night, Ace had a creepy little stalker.

I'm the funny sidekick with the crazy facial expressions.

And ever since then, the ladies have been seeing him as Edward. It's gotten to the point where some of it has gone to his head and he sometimes acts like a vampire (thankfully like the classic ones). So whenever we go out, it feels like it's seeing Edward and Steve Carell hanging out. One's a movie heartthrob and the other is a goof (Carell is awesome!), so imagine what happens when the ladies arrive. They push me out of the way so they can talk to their vampire.

At this point, I'm surprised we never ran into Buffy. Having to explain to her that Ace isn't really a vampire would be one of those imaginary scenarios that would make for an awesome story.

2 comments:

  1. Lol Steve Carell is awesome!! And hey, there are girls out there who'd prefer Steve over Edward haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are out there, but it's always my down luck to see the ones who want the Edward type. Now that I'm on my own, it's interesting to see how the dynamic changes. He's got no more vampire bodyguard, lol.

      Delete