Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Iguana Invasion

The other day I was checking up on news and saw an article that didn't bring anything new, but was still surprising. Growing up in Puerto Rico, it was no surprise to anybody that we all had an iguana problem. We knew they were becoming a plague, but that was just part of life. So how does this connect to the news? Simple. I keep a habit of checking the news from home, even now that I've moved to Pennsylvania. Gotta keep up to date. And then I saw the news that our iguana problem has somehow reached the States. Now this was curious, especially since I wanted to know how they were going to inform it.

And then I saw this clip attached to the news article:


My first reaction was to burst out into laughter. I absolutely love the emergency protocol for iguanas. But I also love the idea of taking the iguanas and selling them as a food. Not only can it help our economy, but it can also allow us to get creative with a select list of meals.

Just think:
-Iguana Burgers
-"Pasteles de Iguana"
-Iguana Kabobs
-Iguana on everything, actually...

Come at me, bro!

Perhaps now the iguana could have another predator besides the public transportation system. Well, any vehicle actually. Those are the only things that can take down those iguanas. Those things are huge! I mean, they can even stand up to a big dog! But still, those iguanas have always been a plague. But if the news has reached out here, then it's probably getting worse.

And no, don't imagine us walking on a place flooded with iguanas either. No need to exaggerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment