Thursday, February 2, 2012

New World Anxiety

Just like when I was about to start college, I'm once again seeing the anxiety that shows up only when I'm about to start a new phase in life. This time around, it's all about a full-time job. And while I'm just going for a secondary interview, I'm still quite anxious about this new path that's opening up.

I remember last time I was this anxious, I over prepared for my first month of college because I didn't know what I was getting into. I stayed up late thinking about how life would be as a college student, how it was going to be having a lot of free time on my hands, and how I would prepare for the famous "all nighters." But once I started college, my anxiety quickly went away once I really saw how it was.

And now, I'm doing the same regarding my possible first real job. I keep thinking so much about it, but this time I don't know what to expect (on a personal level, since I know what to expect professionally). Every time, the same level of anxiety. However, I believe it might be increasing with every step.

By the time I get married, I'm going to freak out just from my anxiety alone.

1 comment:

  1. I felt anxious to the point of fear when I began university! But yeah, it goes away. Hang in there! Distraction works best

    ReplyDelete