Tuesday, February 14, 2012

She's Real...I Swear!

2011 was probably the most eventful year for me. A lot of stuff was happening all at once. And among one of those things, included dating. During my final college semester, I finally went public about my relationship with Linda, my last girlfriend. However, there was always one issue...

People didn't believe she was real at times.

Since we didn't spent much time together at the university, people have often wondered if the relationship was a mere myth or if it was reality. Of course, I can see why they wondered. All they had to rely on was my Facebook picture, and nothing more. So I can kind of understand their skepticism.

But every time someone saw us together for the first time, it's as if they just saw the pink elephants from Dumbo. She was indeed real. Heck, some people even went out of their way to approach us and ask me if that was indeed her. And as usual, we would just laugh and confirm she's real.

So it was a bit strange having that relationship measured as a similar myth to Bigfoot or the Lock Ness Monster. All they heard were tales of her very existence and pictures, but could never confront her for real. And when they did see her in person, they were baffled. And sometimes I wonder why some people I surround myself with are so dysfunctional.

Oh well. But alas, now it's just a memory. Another story about relationships passed. All in the spirit of valentines week, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment