Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Facepalm Moments #3

This particular moment took place during my years living in Jersey, so it was somewhere in between 2006 and 2007. I was taking a literature of comedy course (one of my favorite classes of all time and the one that made me jump into humor writing) and the professor (whom I would really thank if I remembered his name) was assigning a presentation for us to do.

The concept of the presentation was to take a book written by a comedian or humorist, and then analyze it. Or something like that, I kinda forgot along the way. That was also the day where I would unexpectedly realize that it is indeed true what they say about blondes. However, I do note that not all of them are like this, but it's times like these where the stereotype is dead on.

Blonde in front of me raises her hand to ask a question. "What program do we use to make a Power Point presentation?" she asked.

There was a moment of silence, followed by a loud thud. That thud was my face slamming against the deck as what can be described as the single most painful reaction I have ever had to something. You probably would have heard of the facepalm before (if you haven't, then let me welcome you to the interwebs), but this was a facedesk (feel like a hipster since I did it before it became a gag). It was either slamming my face into the desk or blatantly laugh and fall backwards.

Either way, the end result was going to be painful. But by not laughing at her, I managed to remain a gentleman and hold on to my composure. But to be fair, I did silently laugh like a maniac once my face was on the desk.


1 comment:

  1. I know it's supposed to be a cliche, but most of the blonds I've known did little to contradict the stereotype.

    ReplyDelete