Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Road Ahead

All my life I have heard that college is the best time of your life. And it isn't until now that I understand why. As I approach my graduation (even though I technically graduated a few months ago), I am realizing how much I miss college.

Things were easier then. Now that I've finished, everything seems to be on the other side of a burning lava pit. Friends, jobs, and happiness all seem to be out of reach. No wonder people drink like crazy after they graduate. They know it's only downhill from here.

And if the road ahead is just down hill, then let me just let go of the brakes and go full speed yelling "weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

1 comment:

  1. The problem with college is that you get institutionalized just like inmates in prison. When you're released, you're often afraid of life outside the walls. But it gets better...and opportunities will come that you couldn't have imagined.

    ReplyDelete