Friday, May 4, 2012

Sliced Bread

The other day, I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep and a random thought came to mind. Whose idea was it to say "something is the greatest thing since sliced bread?" Out of all the things in all of humanity you can take, why sliced bread?

I'm the best thing in the world, and I don't know why!

Perhaps it holds powers I'm not aware of. Of course! It's probably gotta be its ability to hold cheese, meats, and other things together into the sandwich. But then again, not all sandwiches are with sliced bread. So there's probably more to it.

However, sliced bread has got some nerve thinking it's the single greatest thing in all of existence. I'm guessing fire, the wheel, or even air didn't get the memo. None of those things matter, just as long as we got sliced bread.

Gotta give it up to sliced bread. I don't know what shenanigans it did in order to achieve this prestigious title, but perhaps humanity isn't ready for the answer.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you were such a deep thinker. No point saying your blog is the greatest thing since you know what...

    ReplyDelete